Friday, July 18, 2008

sense of words

i should have realized before that blogging or telling stories about life either it is our own life or others is harmful. people reading it may interpret differently. people can sense the words wrongly. for example, the two singapore bloggers fought each other because of the words. What make everything worsen is lacking of vocabulary and grammar like me that can cause people reading it become miss understanding. sometimes their perception is running far from my original thought.
it happened on my previous blog entry. actually i'm not telling a story about me, but high school friend of mine. she has a complicated problem and i had no advice for her except being a good listener to her.
anyway back to the topic, in that blog i said something about "people who stand alone like me. family is far way from distance. So how?" what i'm trying to say is "bagaimana rasanya kalo hal itu terjadi pada gw yg hidup mandiri dan jauh dari keluarga?", but somehow my friend who read my blog said i'm so pity to have such lonely life... you see how i wrongly make a sentence with my bad grammar and vocabulary and lead to misunderstanding...

the main reason of me blogging actively recently is to practice my english as advised by some friends and my teacher. but i think from now on i must avoid this kind of topics and choose more general topics.

anyway, i have a writing homework. the topic is about artist. i will post it after i have done it... wish me luck then... ^_^

No comments: