Thursday, July 31, 2008

Lin Yu Zhong's latest album

I got Rynn Lin's review from this site. As for now I only heard 4 songs, so I can comment those four. My comments will be on this format

This is Lin Yu Zhong's latest album, where you can find his latest single, Gan Wu Nu.
This is my review of the album after listening to it over and over again. Overall, I love it. I'd play it again and again (and again!).


01. Shang Lou / 上樓
One-minute instrumental intro (guitar).

02. Gan Wu Nu / 幹物女
His first single. It has a fun melody and very easy to listen to. Love the MV too! And the lyrics are cute too! Though I understand very little Chinese, I find the lyrics amusing.
yes, it has a funny melody. i always smiled when heard the girl mumbling about "ai wo, bu ai wo"

03. Yuan Yuan / 遠遠
This is a ballad that is fairly likeable. I didn't like it the first time I heard it. But the sound gets better after several times listening to it.

04. Gai Jia / 改嫁
Another ballad. Somehow the intro sounds like Chinese music from traditional ceremony (e.g wedding, praying, funeral, etc...). Can somebody explain why? The chorus will easily get stuck in your mind, though. The music arrangement has a very "Chinese-style" sound to it. (Or what Leehom would describe as 'Chinked-Out', right?). I love the easy-flow of the song.
hmm... Gai Jia means remarriage, right? that explains why he put the sound like that. This is my most favourite song from this album.

05. Ping Gai / 瓶蓋
An easy-flow track. With by-the-beach feels to it. When I first heard it, I thought I've heard something like this in his previous album. It is just mediocre for me. I hope he won't release this as a single, though.


06. Wei Ta Ming C Wo Jia Ni / 維他命C我加你
This is a fast number. Slightly (only slightly) rock-ish. It gets more fun when the song progresses. From 02:50 onwards, the song gets faster and made we wanna create a video of me running around, with THIS song as the background music.

07. Fang Kong / 放空
37 seconds of instrumental intro for the next song.

08. Di Liu Ge Di Dian / 第六個地點
I suppose this ballad is based on a really sad theme. Cos his voice is sort of sobbing in it. (Try singing after you cried your eyes out). The song is good, it could make a really awesome Korean drama OST (make sure the drama is super sad!). This is my favourite ballad of the album. His voice breaks my heart, even though I don't know what the song is about!

09. Ni Tiao Biao / 逆跳表
This is another easy-flowing song. I think this song is very romantic. Even though I don't know the words (again!). But I think it's a great dating song. Hao lang man!


10. Zhi Shao Ai Guo / 至少愛過
Here we go, another sad ballad. Again, his voice sounds draggy. Maybe he really feels the song that hs voice sounds sobbing. But hey, it works! I feel how sad a guy could be, and even sing about it. Hehe~


11. Xing Fu Ma Xin Tuan / 幸福馬戲團
This sounds has a midnight-clubby feels to it. It kind of reminds me of JJ Lin's Sha Shou. A little hip-hop and rap here and there. Very un-Yu Zhong. Somehow I don't like that little giggling sound in 02:16 - 02:23. Freaky.
haha... it's not freaky, though... quite nice to know that rynn give a good effort on new style.

12. Qiang Mei Gui / 搶玫瑰 - Feat. Lin Jun Jie
To be honest, I actually waited for this song from the moment I press play! I love JJ's voice (as I always do!). I expected this song to be more lively, though. But this is OK. I'd say this is a progressive ballad. I like it, but it's forgettable (sorry!). But I'd listen to it over and over again because of JJ.
yes, i'm totally agree with this. i loved this duet when first heard this, but later on i felt this song quite boring.

13. Xia Lou / 下樓
Instrumental outro. End.

No comments: